Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can CST MWS 2006 Work on Core Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fugalee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've found that when CST MWS 2006 works on Core duo (with 2 cores) CPU, the simulation will give wrong results if setting the option "Use parallelization up to 2 Processors".
Could someone offer me a solution?
Thanks.[/url]

I have the same case.
It is working fine with the same settings that you have.
I suggest to uninstall, then to re-install the program.

Regards

Thank you for your reply.
I've re-installed it several times and the problem remains the same.
But when I choose "1 processor", the result is pretty good.

fugalee said:
I've found that when CST MWS 2006 works on Core duo (with 2 cores) CPU, the simulation will give wrong results if setting the option "Use parallelization up to 2 Processors".
Could someone offer me a solution?
Thanks.[/url]

What's your service pack and what you mean by "wrong results"?

Cheers
e

I try it on two processor machine. And only one was working. I think that two processor works only for optimization and parametric run.

plasma said:
I try it on two processor machine. And only one was working. I think that two processor works only for optimization and parametric run.

I have also 2processor machine (2x Opteron).
The load is usually around 60-70 percents for both processors. CST recommends to run 2 simulations together to utilize processors on 100%

Usually the load for two Intel processors around 30-40 percents, now I understand from you that CST optimized better to AMD processors. And to utilize processors on 100% I have to buy another license.
So the extra license pay to utilize two processors is for nothing.

pl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back