Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why a magnetic field is created around a moving charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giszmo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been taught that whenever you have a moving charge, this creates a magnetic field around the charge. My question is, why does this happen?

Re: Physics Question

This is an experimentally derived theory. One conjecture from quantum mechanics is that this is caused by some aspect of quantum mechanics that is not presently understood.

Hi

This is similar to having a magnetic field around a current carrying conductor.

A charge in a Magnetic field moves.
A conductor moving in a magnetic field generates an emf.
If you had an idea of this then its the other way.

In this sense, the motion of charge is always an action which should have an equal and opposite reaction which is the magnetic field and this magnetic field should oppose the movement of the charge.

You can refer "ElectroMagnetic Wavetheory and Waveguides" by Jordan & Balmain
(Too many spelling errors. Kindly bear)

giszmo said:
I've been taught that whenever you have a moving charge, this creates a magnetic field around the charge. My question is, why does this happen?

There are certain things which much me taken as granted. Generation of magnetic field by a moving charge is also one of such fundamentals.
Whenever a charge move it consitutes current, which is a fundamental source of magnetic field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back