Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC (16f84 or other) based PS2 Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabusoe

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PS2 Mouse

Has anyone come accross a PIC (16f84 or other) based mouse project?

Mabusoe

Hi,

Can i ask you if it is a hobby project? Because there are instant mouse ics' for this job and they are much much cheaper than f84.Please check www.systran.com

Analyzer.

This is for a commercial project. I just needed to study it a little bit. I looked at the Agilent optical mouse, it uses one cyprus microcontroller. I just do not want to spend too much time learning a new architecture. Time is money. :) If there is something out there I could learn faster. Microchip has one reference design for a serial mouse.

Mabusoe

Analyzer said:
Hi,

Can i ask you if it is a hobby project? Because there are instant mouse ics' for this job and they are much much cheaper than f84.Please check www.systran.com

Analyzer.

Could you please point me to thin instan mouse IC on the systran web site? I can not seem to find it.

Mabusoe

Hi,

I need to explain it a bit.You saw cypress psoc in (probably) a usb mouse, didn't you? They use cypress psoc's because it is very easy to learn to program and also they have instant usb mouse reference designs.If you would like to build an usb mouse, i also advice you cypress psocs because they are very cheap and easy to program.If you are working on a serial or ps/2 mouse systran has sys2002 mouse ic.But i am not sure it can be obsolete now.Please ask them for a new ic.Any further questions, please ring me.

Analyzer.

try this one:

**broken link removed**

I open cover ps/2 mouse. i have pdf and circuit about it. i will post it later.

here is example source code
&
Refer to Follow Site :
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back