Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C++ or Java for getting real time data serially

Status
Not open for further replies.

omrox

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which of the following programin language can be used either c++ or java, for getting real time data from real world serially ( via serial port to the PC ). kindly suggest me the direction to proceed.

Re: C++ or Java

any lanaguage can be used
java is free
c++ is free

both are fine at the level they function at

c++ is a lower level language then java as java reuses c++ componenets

but this makes java a little faster and nicer interfaces are easier to make
just a little extra code is needed for exception handling

if your new to programming
use c and c++ then java when you learn c++

a tip is to have lots of example sources

here is some cd volumes for c++
they are cheep and downloadable

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

omrox

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Actualy I prefer C/C++, I feel they are more relaibale in embeded and realtime systems.

Regards,
Shohdy

C++ or Java

D'ont forget Java have always a JRE at the midle, so performance is lower thant C++ (compiled directly for the OS), so in some scenarios of realtime JRE brings problems..

HH

NeuralC

Assalamo Allykum !

I Think the C/C++ is best for your reequirement.

I prefer to use C/C++ for the serial communication.

On the otherhand Visual Basic 6.0 is another good option for you that you can use for serial communication.

Take Care :D

Zeeshan Shareef :!:

With C or C++ you have direct access to serial ports, its easy to control and R/W from serial ports.

I do not suggest JAVA for these things.

go for C or C++ , they are made for doing things like this , whereas java is more of an network language, so u may also use java, but C++ would be simpler and faster.(in writing program).

and you may easily find some code in C/C++ on this....

check out www.beyondlogic.com

bye

when u interact with hardware, c / c++ is the best

i think C++ has more systems commands for such purposes, also many drivers are written in C++ so i would suggest u to use C++

hi guys,
these are from my point of view and real life experience:-

for embeded programming --- C is the best.
for application development for general purpose computer where memory is not a concern and slight speed reduction is also not a concern : JAVA is really the best. currently it is the language of choice for most application programmer(for general purpose computer and web based applications).

also you can put c code/programs in java code where necessary. and also java really got a futurestic look.

c++ is the between of these two languages. and i should tell ther is very large difference between C and C++. so dont mix the two. Java looks much more than C than C++.

arnab

do i have to know C to begin studying C++??

No you don't have to study C.

I think it is better for you to study C++ in order to really understand object oriented programming.

This is a powerful programming paradigm and it should allow you later on to learn more easily Java and other similar languages

I think you should learn C before C++.  
C is a base of C++ programming.
C is more easy and you'll spend less time to understand C-programming.
After that you can learn C++ - when you know basics it's very easy to learn some new useful features.

C++ or Java

well, is depend on the need of the program ... for me i will go for c/c++ , more straight forward to be implement

for me C++ is better because it is user friendly than java.....

start programming using any language. You would have been done by now..The "C++ or Java" argument will never end so don't wait for it.

Oh...and C is nothing like C++. Keep that in mind

C++ or Java

Yep...i agree with eusto!dont get stuck making a choice..once u start with any language..picking the other one will be a piece of cake..lietrally!!!

All the best!

omrox said:
which of the following programin language can be used either c++ or java, for getting real time data from real world serially ( via serial port to the PC ). kindly suggest me the direction to proceed.

the best programming language is CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back