Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

accesing memory from two always block

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel_raja_77

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1.i have internal memory in my design which is filled in with the data from the external memory.....this process is done in an always block
2.after filling in the internal memory with data..... there is an another always block which will be refreshing the internal memory ......i.e the data written internally will be overwriiten with new data after manipulation.......
3.the second always block will be intialized only after the first always block fills the data ...
4.Is this method correct will i be facing any problem with this... in synthesizing or some other back end processing....

you write data from external memory to internal memory.why you overwrite the internal memory.could you explain it particularly?

1.The reason is to keep the data that is to be read from external memory internally and process it.....instead of going to external memory each time...so we can reduce clocks........
2.Is this process which i described can be used without any back end problems......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back