Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP processor that outputs a sound signal via speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

omrox

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need a DSP processor to output a sound signal via speaker, the data ie sound will already be stored in memnory n this DSP will be triggered after 89c52 ( micro controller ). can anyone suggest me the dsp processor.

Re: DSP application

What kind of processing do you need to do on the sound?
What is the sample rate?

i want to output human voice to the speaker. i m really unaware of the sampling rate.
what should be the sampling rate for normal speech clarity.

DSP application

Friend,

For a good mono radio quality of voice, the sampling rate of 8KHz is good enough. To ask for better fidelity than 12KHz to 16KHz will be cleared to preceive by human ears.

omrox

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Telephone quality speech is sampled at 8 kHz and includes compression.
High fidelity sound is generally sampled at 44.1 kHz and is linear.
We can help you a lot more if you tell us what you're trying to do with as many details as possible.

the thing i m tryin to study is when any zone( in an office\factory ) error\fault occurs, firstly a controller will be interrruptd, n thn tht particular zone name will be given out along with the problem through a speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.