Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to run Matlab 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciitv

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Unable to run Matlab 7
i'm unable to use matlab 7 on Windows XP SP2 now. when i run the matlab program the flash screen appears and disappears but nothing happens(no
workspace). it was working when i last used it a couple of months ago.even the m file editor and un-install programs do not run now.

i tried re-installing by running the setup file from the cd. but again the flash screen appears and then disappears and no further installation options appear. i deleted the entire matlab folder and i still can't re-install.

the only major change i've made to my comp since matlab last worked is the 1) installed SP2 2)stopped some of the services running on system to make it
run faster. i'd appreciate ur suggestions. thanks in advance.

hi
consult microsoft an d math works sites..send them a technical support question ..

regards

I had a similar problem after upgrading to SP2 (couldn't get to the workspace, unistaller didn't work, etc.) I had to go in and delete the entire matlab folder myself, then run the CD installer, after which matlab worked as it should.

it could be that there is still registry entries accepts left over

uninstall it and delete the folders
use a reg cleaner to get rid of all the left over keys

shut down and restart

then reinstall

try 16bit mode for the video system

hello, I only recently installed Matlab, what u need to do is to first check to see that ur system has the capability , i mean in terms of memory 'n all to run d software. u might want to uninstall the previous version first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back