Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to learn VLSI, FPGA and ASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by above..?

Are u looking for HDL entry? or synthesis? or simulation?...

Your question has no direction...........so give us the way to serve your need.....

And is also 5 months old.

Re: vlsi vs fpga

Hi,
Yeah thats the problem with the students version.

However the tool is still powerful, and that will be sufficient for the learning process.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

If i use ModelSim as VHDL simulator then is there any book reference for this?Does this help in FPGA side?
Actually i can not understand what i have to do as decided to conduct my undergraduate thesis on VLSI design(digital design).On which part i will do to this like ALU,parallel sorter etc?How i shall start?
Suggest me.

Re: learn fpga

I want to learn VLSI, FPGA and ASIC
Please suggest me good books or sites or links to learn these things.

Is there any way to get some to the free stuff or samples related to these.

I am absoulute beginer in this field.

Following resource may be good for learning FPGA:
hxxp://learnfpga.blogspot.in/p/fpga-vlsi-interview-questions.html

Thanks,
Fpgadsgnr

Hi, i did a lot of basic work on pic and avr now i want to go some advance system. so can anybody tell me which field ( VLSI, FPGA,verilog,HDL,VHDL) is a bit resembling to pic and avr and which is much easier for me to learn , if i have background of pic and avr.
which field is resemble to pic and avr.

Hi, i did a lot of basic work on pic and avr now i want to go some advance system. so can anybody tell me which field ( VLSI, FPGA,verilog,HDL,VHDL) is a bit resembling to pic and avr and which is much easier for me to learn , if i have background of pic and avr.
which field is resemble to pic and avr.

If you have worked on 8-bit PIC and AVR then switch to 16bit PIC MCUs with signal processing capability. Also you can go for 32-bit ARM based MCUs like STM32

Nice VLSI Thread
Keep going :)

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back