Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Idea for a simple line following robot project

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedputraboy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anybody have any idea about a simple and small line following robot? I really need help.

Re: Line following robot

I have done this project before a few years back. I used a basic stamped on a board of education. I also had a ir package that had three eyes on it. The vehicle used differential steering (I believe that is the correct term) by using a gearbox with a small dc motor for each wheel. Oh yeah I also had a motor driver circuit.

Reactions: Legrat

Legrat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Here is an example of a simple line follower based on the AT89V2051 ..

This can be a very good starting point ..

Regards,
IanP

syedputraboy said:
Does anybody have any idea about a simple and small line following robot? I really need help.

i've answered this question before...kindly refer the link below:

hi..

here is a link to find some important details about the line follower robot.

**broken link removed**

regards..
sujith

Line following robot

i want to know a site for labview projects

please

Line following robot

A Dual OPAMP, two photo tranceivers, two watch gears, two DC Motors, two Toy wheels and four rechargable batteries is sufficient to do a effiecient low cost Line Following Robot.

Place a reflecting tape in floor. Keep Photo Transceivers over the edge to get reflection. Connect transceivers output to opamp. Connect opamp output to opposite motors connected with watch gear.

If left moves out, right will get signal and makes the left motor to run fast. this makes again left sensor to be in contact with tape. Like wise for right sensor also.

About the line following robot, i suggest you to make it using PIC16F877A. you can simply try the bootloader circuit and also u can add on some additional application such as obstacle sensors.

what are the advantages of using pic over 8051?apart from adding application like obstacle detection what else we can do with line following robot using pic?

no difference....... you can do it in 8051 normal variants.... you can also add RFID and make the robot go till a valid card is met, ie.. in industry , it will go till a vaild place is mentioned...

DONT OPEN 4 YEAR OLD THREADS...

OPEN A NEW THREAD IF IT DOES NOT SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back