Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to practice PERL language

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the book of "programming perl" is the best choice!

You need to have a book of perl,and than you can start writing small scripts related to data extracation from a file, string handlings and then you can go for more larger scripts.

If you are working on any project, then you can make a script for tasks which you want to automize (like code generation , testcase generation , regression running.. etc.)

Hope this helps.

This pdf will almost helpful to all..
This is nice pdf

thanks
din

PERL language is an open language there are lots of forums talking and teaching PERL

The best way to learn perl is by using it daily...writing testcases and reading the book "learn perl in 21 days"

you can also go thru following details

good book
but i think reading "learning perl"(orelly) is
enough for studing perl

how about Python
Python should be more powerful, but few IC engineer use it

no doubt python is powerful... but its utility is not much taking into consideration the syntax... no braces should be used etc.,

Yes, this book is useful, thanks

the grammar of Perl is the same as C language,so it can quickly use it to do tons of things when you have studyed C language.

Hi,

I assume you have the perl package installed at your system. Perl is mainly used for the text processing. So try out very basic programs like patter search a string and print it on screen, take some numbers as inputs and find out the largest/smallest. Try out basic programs, when you are okay with that, proceed with the hashes.

Type - perldoc perlintro on your command line. Its a very good way of learning perl.

maksya said:
Can I use Perl scripts on Windows operation system directly or only by emulating UNIX-system?
you can also use it on Windows!

mastering regular expression is nice book !

you can search in www.rapidshared.org[/url]

I have spent some time on using TCL language. What better feature does Pearl offer than TCL?

Added after 2 minutes:

Is there more complicated and systematic examples like what we would use in work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back