Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Astro no DRC error, but Calibre have. How to fix??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgby2209

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a design which using Astro to do APR....
In the Physical Verification state, Astro check DRC result is no violation. But check DRC in calibre have violation.
Can anyone tell me how to fix the DRC violation?

we had the same probelm.. actually astro drc is not too good ... so it shows clean.. but when u run the gds using calibre or hercules... using the foundry runset you will get real errors...

If u have metal spacing errors...
do manual editing...
thats the best way.. and I too did for last chip....

Caution is that after its drc clean.....don't do search and repair in astro.. it will screw up everyting....and it lets back to orginal situation...

regards
Shankar

unix_amr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi
This happened often in astro.Because its DRC module is not very good and there are some DRC rules not in your lib.
Do not believe the DRC result of astro,calibre can do it better.

flyankh

unix_amr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
But I have over 10000 points have minArea , width , spacing & Min extension ... violation, if I use manual editing, I will crazy ......

So I think back to Astro is the best way for me, can anyone tell me how to back to Astro to do search and repair ?

HI
I think your tech file have miss something about DRC.
Get the newest one from the Lab or Foundry.

flyankh

hi hgby2209,

If you get such a big DRC violations there is something fundementally wrong in your setup. As flyankh suggested there is some problem with your technology file or grid setting

I had checked the tf file for Astro & drc command file for Calibre. They were all got from Foundry. So I think maybe problem is comes from APR .....

By the way, if the DRC violations are just not over 10, and I don't want to edit by manual, how to back to Astro to fix the violations?

I try to change the top routing layer in Astro as following:

axgSetMinMaxLayer
setFormField "Set Min Max Layer" "Max Metal Routing Layer" "3"
formOK "Set Min Max Layer"

Then the DRC viloations in Calibre are less than 5.

I don't know why? My tf & DRC command are all for 1p4m.......
:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back