Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

full scale input range of sigma delta DA or AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

edisonliu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you give me some advice to increase the full scale input range of sigma delta AD or DA? Do you know some material or books about the topics? Thanks!

For the A/D you can simply use a good resistive divider, using tracking resistors.
For the D/A you can use an opamp to amplify the signal by the required ratio.

Will the SNR and THD+N be worse after the modification? I want to keep the SNR and THD+N changeless. How about the switch capacitor sigma delta AD?

The size of cap depend on your system, and maybe you should give some detail thing

you can change the size of the cap

when in sigma-delta A/D, i think the full scale is equal to the difference of two feedback reference voltages, so you can increase these references to increase the input range.
of course, the increase of input voltage range is also dependent of the output swing of integrator, i.e. opamp's output swing, meanwhile it depends on integrator's gain.
btw, linearity should be considerated carefully when swing is increase, this will give rise to harmonic distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back