Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2D histogram of color image

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeyalakshmi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
histogram

hi friends,
I am doing my project in color image segmentation,
i didn't know how to find 2D histogram of color image for clustering .plz reply me.

you can use imhist function for details type help imhist it can be usefull for you other wise separate the all R, G, B and histogram for each

Example
I = imread('pout.tif');
imhist(I)

hi,
thanks for your reply. but i need 2D histogram of RG plane
(2D hihistogram is the projection of 3D histogram on to the band-pair planes.) I didn't know the procedure to calculate.if u konow this plz reply me.

Hi,
The procedure is same as that for grey-scale image. THe only extra thing you need to do is convert individual RGB values to a single long integer with lowermost byte indicating R value, then G and then B. Now you have only single value for each pixel and you can plot it on 2D plane.

For example,
R = 0x11
G = 0x22
B = 0x33

Then combined value = 0x332211.

I hope this helps! BTW which language are you using for programming? Is it C/C++ or MATLAB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back