Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IAR EMBEDDED Workbench for ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

memarian

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,

I want to use ARM9E (STR91x)DSP Instructions on IAR EMBEDDED Workbench for ARM(and Also Keil).

Does anyone know how can i force the IAR C Compiler (or Keil For ARM)to use ARM9E DSP Instructions
(Specially for Multiply & Multiply-Accumulate & Memory Loading Instructions)?

Thanks.

Hi

While setting the project you can set the compiler to work with a dedicated microcontroller or you can choose a technology by selecting the controller femiliy.

all the best

Bobi

Dear,

I set my microcontroller in project setting (Also try it's family) but when i going to
simulate program in Disassembley window when i see the assembley instructions

it doesn't use the DSP Instructions.For Example for muliply-accumulate instruction
it uses MLA (typical ARM Instruction) not SMLA(ARM DSP Instruction).

Thanks.

Hi

If the compiler dose not support using the right assembly code you have to use a mix of assembly and C language in order to force the compiler using the right assembly code.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.