Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Programmer Controller - PICSTARTER +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PIC START PLUS FOUND

I’m making my own pcb design of picstarter and I wondering is there a easy way to add ICSP connector? It would be nice to have such universal connector for ICSP. Any suggestions?

best regards

Hi baiyujun,
You have two oscillators 25MHz on the board and both are connected to 17c44-this is a mistake because you need one only! Either crystal or oscillator!
Best,

Hi friends,
If anybody search socket conwerter for PICStart programer for programing PIC17C7XX and PIC16C9XX and PIC18 in plcc 68 package I can upload shematic&pcb in Protel99SE and pdf format - it's original from Microchip.

Best regards

baiyujun said:
I built picstart+ programmer successfully :D

What's the programmer was used for loading firmware to 17c44?

Hi

Thats the tricky part of this project, I had the same problem and if I remember correctly it is more or less only the picstart and some otheras expensive programmers capable of programming this chip. Perhaps you know someone who already has the programmer or perhaps at school/work.

Depending where you live you might get help here at the forum.

Can we replace 17c44 with 17c752 and load firmware via ICSP interface?

ME said:
Int Art said:
I can not open eagle files.
what version were they created with

Read this topic: h**p://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?p=172289#172289

pool_77 said:
Eagle to PDF conversion,

if will be necessary I can print only sigle layers too...

Please upload the PCB in single layers too.

The mentioned topic was not found, so can anybody tell me how can I open these files in Eagle ?

Thanks

it were not probably eagle files, it were pdf created from protel if i rememeber

pool_77

ME said:
Here are some PCB-layouts and schematics former uploaded here at elektroda.

pic programmers in e-a-g-l-e.rar: h**p://www.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?p=172289#172289

thanks for your sch files,

question: c21~ c25 = ?

Sorry if this is an out of topic question,but what is the advantage of picstart over EPIC? i use EPIC for all my programming,works fine under xp,is fast...thanks for your answers

I built picstarter(clon of pic start plus) and found that it can not program correct some pics (16c72,16c73A and some 16fxxx).

Dear grabik,

If you built the programmer of www.5v.ru it is very possible that your problem must that these using a diode 1N4148 which is not adapted by the speed and the current of the exchanged source. Please it sends me the schemes, the archives pcb and if you have photos of your programmer also would be to me of aid because I am about to built one.

Thank you
Dtex

My email and MSN Messenger:
isxdog@nospam@yahoo.com

I change 78s40 with icl7660,and my PCB has some mistake.

You can please send me the schemes and everything on the modifications that you have done?

baiyujun said:
I built picstart+ programmer successfully :D

Look this:

h**p://www.dragonchip.net/images/picallw1.jpg

h**p://www.dragonchip.net/images/picallw2.jpg

E-MAIL: karen@pinpancat.com or kai-hui@online.sh.cn

msn:YujunBai@msn.com

Hi, how can I programm the 17c44 for the picstart+?

warp13 programmer emulates picstartPlus programmer with or without mplab.
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

edited by Cl

Hi

This topic is about Picstart so keep the discussion about that programmer. Never share schematics about Warp 13 in this or other topics.

Cl

Cluricaun said:
Hi

This topic is about Picstart so keep the discussion about that programmer. Never share schematics about Warp 13 in this or other topics.

Cl

Thank-you moderator.

The WARP-13 is copyright and the source is NOT available. The other poster was wrong.

Regards,

Jim Robertson
NEWFOUND ELECTRONICS

Hello, I´m working in my PICSTATER+ from www.5v.ru, and i have two questions:

1). Somebody can say me the value of C21, C22, C23, C24 and C25 ???

2). Somebody construct it? And if yes, Does it works?

Thank You

Guille

hi gdaporta

1. C21 – C25 are normally not mounted. If you experience some problems with programming then you can put some 10pf to 22pf caps to improve signal shape

2. I construct it and Yes it works fine for me. You can find my pbc design for picstart @ this forum

best regars
stroma

Status
Not open for further replies.