Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get +15V and -15V out of this DC power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The DC power supply, as shown in figure below, has two independant outputs. Each output has to terminals, i.e. (+) and (-) terminals. I need +15V and -15V to power up LM741. How am I going to get +15V and -15V from the DC psu? Please advise. Thanks.

psu.gif

Connect A- and B+ ..
Then:
A+ --> +15V
B- --> -15V
A- and B+ connected together will be your 0V ..

Regards,
IanP

IanP said:
Connect A- and B+ ..
Then:
A+ --> +15V
B- --> -15V
A- and B+ connected together will be your 0V ..

Regards,
IanP

Thanks for your reply. If A- is connected to B+, A+ to +15V, and B- to -15V, the 'A- & B+' point will the the '0V' of the circuit, right?

Say a 10kΩ load is connected to the output of the op-amp (Pin-6). So, another end of the load should be connected to the '0V', right?

Say I want to view the waveform across the load using digital osciloscope. Can I connect the GND probe of the osciloscope to the '0V' of the circuit? Would it damage the circuit or the scope?

Thanks.

Usually the oscilloscope GND is connected to it's chassis and that, also, is connected to the EARTH, so the oscilloscope's GND = EARTH ..

I also assume - as it is usually done in most laboratory power supplies - that both parts ( A and B) of your PSU are floating ..
If the above condition is true then connecting EART to any point A+, (A-B+) or B- will not cause any damage to anything ..

All your other questions :D

Regards,
IanP

IanP said:
Usually the oscilloscope GND is connected to it's chassis and that, also, is connected to the EARTH, so the oscilloscope's GND = EARTH ..

I also assume - as it is usually done in most laboratory power supplies - that both parts ( A and B) of your PSU are floating ..
If the above condition is true then connecting EART to any point A+, (A-B+) or B- will not cause any damage to anything ..

All your other questions :D

Regards,
IanP

I agree with you that A and B of the PSU are floating... Thanks for your explanation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back