Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electro magnetic clutch/brake control

Status
Not open for further replies.

trogos99

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi alli,

I want control a electromagnetic clutch/brake system (24 Vdc), as quick as possible.
I have seen a system that supplies 48Vdc at conection, then goes to nominal voltage and applies -12Vdc for de-magnetize.
This system I think it is the quicky way to operate it.
Can anybody help me on this circuit??

Thanks in advance.

current source

A current source will make the current go to the proper value in the shortest time. How you make one is the trick. If your circuit requires low current you can make one from a high voltage and a transistor. If your circuit is more industrial at many amps the method you described of dumping a capacitor at higher voltage onto the load will work.

One way to do the second one is to use a step up switching supply and a large output capacitor. Once the break control is thrown the supply is told to reguate to 24 V output instead of 48.

As in all inductive circuits, the transients will have to be take care of by putting a diode across the load inductor and also sizing the capacitor for critical damping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back