Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is Better- A Dual Core or 2 Seperate CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which is better - A Dual Core CPU or the Combination of 2 Separate CPUs ?

Hello,

Dual core may be consider in double cpu.

If you want do films, audio, pictures, who take a lot of memory. You must take dual core, because there is more performance. But some program are not made for dual core. Waiting a moment to take benefit of the multithread. There no change (or a little change) of the motherboard (one socket for the cpu)

If you use dual separate cpu. It must have to socket on your mother board. But the parformance are the same. Some program run faster on the motherboard with 2 cpu, because the the majority of the programs are do for one cpu or 2 cpu only not dual core.

Finaly, the dual core use less current than two separate cpu.

What do you do with your computer?

Al

I am French excuse me for my english.

Best regards

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What changes are needed to put a Dual Core in the Motherboard ?

A multi-core microprocessor is one which combines two or more independent processors into a single package, often a single integrated circuit (IC). A dual-core device contains only two independent microprocessors. In general, multi-core microprocessors allow a computing device to exhibit some form of thread-level parallelism (TLP) without including multiple microprocessors in separate physical packages. This form of TLP is often known as chip-level multiprocessing, or CMP.

There is some discrepancy in the semantics by which the terms "multi-core" and "dual-core" are defined. Most commonly they are used to refer to some sort of central processing unit (CPU), but are sometimes also applied to DSPs and SoCs. Additionally, some use these terms only to refer to multi-core microprocessors that are manufactured on the same integrated circuit die. These persons generally prefer to refer to separate microprocessor dies in the same package by another name, such as "multi-chip module", "double core", or even "twin core". This article uses both the terms "multi-core" and "dual-core" to reference microelectronic CPUs manufactured on the same integrated circuit, unless otherwise noted.

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back