Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase noise simulations with Cadence (Noise file name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drake

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence source noise file

Hey,

Can anyone tell me how does a phase noise simulations with Cadence work...?

I know studies on phase noise with a real structure but my goal is to simulate a Syteme level Analog IC.

Of course, library noise source already exist but not specially phase noise sources...
To "psin" properties, there is a option "noise file name", but i don't know how to create this file (file extension, file structure to a phase noise specification)

Thanks
Best regards

noise file name

I have same question.

Added after 4 hours 23 minutes:

why nobody say something

This file can be in a simple txt format containing frequency-noise pairs (spot noise). The noise should be given in (V²/Hz). From what i understand, the simulator interpolates linearly the values between the given points - so it is up to you to give as many points as you feel is necessary for precision. Once the file is complete, just specify the path and name of the file in your supply source e.g. /home/rfic/noise.txt

Example of noise file contents:

100e3 10e-15
1e6 2.5e-15
10e6 0.4e-15

The first column sets frequency and second column gives corresponding noise at that frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.