Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to build a Guitar Amp Selector

Status
Not open for further replies.

phineas

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to build a switch so that I can choose between two different guitars and two different amps. I tried with switches and either I get a lot of hum when one of the guitars is switched off or there's a loud pop when the guitar is switched on.

I guess what I need is someway to isolate the signal and maybe ground the connection to the amp when the guitar is not connected. Should I use relays? Or transformers? I know a very small amount about electronics, just enough to be dangerous. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically here's the layout:
Guitar A goes to Amp A and can be switched in or out.
Guitar B goes to Amp B and can be switched in or out.

Press a foot pedal and it switches between Guitar A/Amp A and Guitar B/Amp B combination. While Guitar A is connected to Amp A, Guitar B is disconnected from Amp B and visa-versa.

Thank you, Fred

Re: Guitar Amp Selector

Thanks for the idea. Would it be possible to get a schematic of what you're talking about since I have no clue how to design something? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back