Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with AT89s52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tércio

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89s52 89s8252

Hi Everyone...!
Sorry for my english, i am from Brazil and student of eletronics and computers.
I am try to work with AT89s52, but the uController do not response the downloader software .
The software and hardware that i am using is here: **broken link removed**
I try with the crystals: 110592MHz, 24MHz and others, but the chip do not response.
The software returns "0xFF" in the file that i save with name: "flash_89s52.txt", for the status of option "READ FLASH".
But when i try program the uController, its returns a error: Writer error at adress 000A byte written: D2 byte read:FF.
I tested the LPT1 port. I changed configurations in BIOS: EPP, SPP, ECP and ECP+EPP, i changed the uController ( it´s news ), but nothing works.
If someone that can help me, i am grateful..
Tnx
Tercio

89s8252 programer

as usual there is some trouble on hardware side of your programmer!! uC is not getting programmed at all. have you earlier programmed similar devices successfully with the same programmer??

all the can suggest is to throughly check each and every connections of your programmer.

good luck

how use ispprog

can i know which programmer u r using?? i suggest u to use 89s8252 it doesnt need any programmer kit. it can be programmed in a bread board..as simple as this....it will be better u try crystal with freq 11.0592Mhz..i used this and programmed my controller n times...i have the software for this...
The prob what u stating is the controller not get programmed...purely due to hardware mistake...do recheck ur circuit..if u need any help do contact me...

at89s52 problem

it dosen't matter at all whether you are using a 89s8252 or 89s52...both are programmed the say way!! and regarding crystal....again you can use any freq as long as it lies within the specified speed grade.

btw, i use stk200 cable...to program AVR,89s52,89s8252

good luck

at89s52 how to read signature bytes

Hello
Some atmel programming software has a few bugs regarding com dll.Please visit atmel site to see the information.
Or use the philips is similar
Here is an small kit for the 89c51rd2 or similar
I use this for some simpliest applications
Layout included

at89s52 signature bytes

Ok. So, i can use the AT89S8252 programmer for the AT89s52 without problems.
And with any cristal inside the range accept for the uC.
I am using cristals of 5 Mhz - 24 MHz - all r accept for the uC.
But the problem stills.
Look that programmer.
I am using the buffer 74ks245 in place of 74244.

at89s52 signature 0xff

Tércio said:
Ok. So, i can use the AT89S8252 programmer for the AT89s52 without problems.
And with any cristal inside the range accept for the uC.
I am using cristals of 5 Mhz - 24 MHz - all r accept for the uC.
But the problem stills.
Look that programmer.
I am using the buffer 74ks245 in place of 74244.

It seems your device was not erased. Can you use the erase fuction in the software?

polish at89s8252 programmer

How do you could confirm that your programmer H/W is working well.
Have you tested it with another IC ??

Thanks

at89s52 chip erase

programming 89s52 is easy you can use atmel programmer . i used that it work very good

stk200 programmer for at89s52

Hello...!

I review the uCs. Changed for 2 uCs, but the hardware does not works. I try the follow programmers:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
This programmers does not works any but this:
**broken link removed**
can read the signature byte. It can choice the crystals and the cable configuration.

Added after 11 minutes:

Hello...!
Tnx for answers...

I review the uCs. Changed for 2 uCs, but the hardware does not works. I try the follow programmers:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
This programmers does not works any but this:
**broken link removed**
can read the signature byte erase the IC. It can choice the crystals and the cable configuration.

I don´t found the ATMEL programmer where i live.
Are there eletronic schematic?! or...schematic of STK200?! everbody talk me of this programmer, but i do not found it...

Tnx help-me..

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back