Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req: MSP430 JTAG Protocol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lujianbo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
slaa149.zip

Need MSP430 JTAG Protocol, who can help me?

msp430 slaa149

Programming a Flash-based MSP430 Using the JTAG Interface:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

slaa149

And what about the debug-interface? I can't find any information about this on the ti-site.

Regards

I can not open the sourceforge website, can anybody tell me if I need to change my internet explorer setting?

cdcll said:
I can not open the sourceforge website, can anybody tell me if I need to change my internet explorer setting?
Sorceforge site do not requre any specific settings .....

Thanks!
It's the other way around, but I can see at the sources how the debug-interface works.

Regards

Hai,

take this PDF. I hope this will help you.

Divemen

Hai,

Sorry for double post. Somtimes it happens, i don't no why.

Divemen

The rproxy Flash Emulation Tool (FET) interface for msp430-gdb
rproxy is a proxy program which sits between msp430-gdb and the TI Flash Emulation Tool (FET). The TI FET tool is their JTAG interface, for debugging the flash based versions of the MSP430. rproxy understands the gdb remote protocol over TCP/IP connections, and it understands how to control an MSP430 via. a FET.

rproxy is based on the rproxy 0.7 program which can be found here. It was intended that the MSP430 code just be added to the existing rproxy code. However, the rproxy code has now been so heavily modified it looks like it has forked. Sorry. Forking is bad.

Because rproxy relies on proprietary code from TI the full source code cannot be opened at this time. The generic code (i.e. the modified rproxy code, less the MSP430 specific parts) will be made available when a few more things have been tidied up. You can build an MSP430 debugger with that, but we hope it may be useful to people trying to build similar tools for other processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.