Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve Power Gain!? Is S21 equal to Power Gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeffreyedaboard

the S21 is a ratio of energy and not power. So if you are work in a matched world, the answer is yes, they are the same, but if you work in un-matched condition the answer is no, they are not the same.

By

Thanks , dinone , but i design a diff-LNA, the s21 is 13db, i tried many methods to improve it , but it seems to be limited!!!

Added after 1 minutes:

and what is the limite!?

The S21 measurement is based on a reference impedance, usually 50 ohms. The source and load impedance as seen by the circuit can be changed with LC-transmission line circuits to values that may possibly increase the gain and reduce the noise figure.

The standard textbooks tell you how to do this.

thanks flatulent !
but i tried to improve the s21 with LC loading again and again , but the results change not so much , s21 stays at 13db!!

AT higher frequencies 13 dB of gain is quite respectable. Try putting two of these stages in a row (tandem) if you need more gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back