Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the effect of input/output floating nets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narasaiah

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
floating nets

Hi ,

when i check the net list we are geting some Input Floating Nets and some output Floating nets.
Is there any effect with these nets.

please let me know

thanks in anticepated
NN

Re: floating nets

A floating input net will be a problem if you don't have a pull-up or pull-down built into the input; in such cases the input may float to an illegal level and interfere with the operation of other circuitry or even destroy devices.

Floating outputs are not a problem as long as you don't intend to connect them to anything.

floating nets

Floating outputs are not a problem.

Hi,

Floating input for cells/macros are bad. Should be fixed.

However, floating nets or floating hier ports are perfectly okay.

Regards,
Eng Han
www.eda-utilities.com

input floating net will induce logic error, output floating net has no negtive effect.

best regards

Narasaiah said:
Hi ,

when i check the net list we are geting some Input Floating Nets and some output Floating nets.
Is there any effect with these nets.

please let me know

thanks in anticepated
NN

if there are floating nets, DFT for this cannot be achieved and coverage decreases.
Remove floating inputs and outputs if not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back