Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Humidity amd Temperature Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammamon

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sht7x for c18

Where can I find information on fabricating sophisticated humidity and temperature sensors? What would be their costs if we buy them?

temperature+humudity+year 2006+bangalore+india

Hi ammamon,

Honeywell manufactures many temperature and humidity sensors.There are many sensors types and sub types available for both temperature and humidity measurement.The choice of the sensor can be made by based on the required accuracy , operating temperature range etc.

In india Platinum RTD 100 ohms cost around 20$
and HIH 3610 humidity sensor around 60$

For more info you can visit honeywell website.

regards,
Sudhir.K.A

interfacing hih humidity sensor with pic

Hi Ammamon,
I have heard of a method of doing this with a resistor. I haven't had time to try it yet, but I think it will work well, and do plan on trying it.
You scrape the outside layer off of the resistor to expose the carbon to the atmosphere. The resistance will vary with humidity, and you can use this in an op Amp circuit to measure and scale it to a reasonably linear output.

I have used the Humerel sensors, which work fairly well, but also need to be put in circuit with a 555 timer, which will then output a frequency which is dependent on humidity.

Also the sht1x, or sht7x can output both temperature and relative humidity by SPI, without additional circuits, but they tend to cost more. I have seen these for as low as $10 USD, and as high as $29

Best wishes,
Robert

temperature and humity spi pic

Hi
LM 335 is a comparatively economical,easy to use and widely available temprature sensor.Its datasheets r also easily available on net

humidity resitor

Where can I find information on fabricating sophisticated humidity and temperature sensors?

Attached pls find the document and interface example for SHT10 sensor.

John Leung

www.TechToys.com.hk

amd temperature

The best prices for the sht10s I have seen, is on the site posted just above this one
TechToys. The 80 Hongkong dollars translates to $10.29 USD, and I think it is the best deal for this sensor on the net! Plus, John is very generous in terms of providing information and help.

John, I have been planning on ordering some things from you for a while. (Some of these sensors for sure.) I'm just waiting to see how much the PIC 4550 board will go for. It should be ready very soon, yes?

I was also able to find the small joysticks you are using on the 89s52 boards, here in Korea, for what I think is a very good price. I grabbed a bunch to play with.

Regards,
Robert

temperature sensors price in bangalore

Hi Robert

Thank you very much for your feedback. With your encouragement, I will speed up the PIC board. The PIC board Should be around the corner now.

Honestly, that job has been put aside for a while because of the workload in getting thru' the AT89S52 board. However, most of the software modules for 89S52 work with PIC C18 even though they are totally different microcontrollers. So there will be less effect in making the PIC board.

John Leung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back