Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase the unity gain bandwidth of a single stage differential opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog_adam

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys;

I am designing a single stage differential opamp with no cascodes. I currently obtained a unity gain bandwith of 1.25 GHz with 0.18 CMOS process. However, I need to increase this value up to 6-7 GHz. Do you guys know how to increase the unity gain bandwidth of a single stage differential opamp? Thanks for help.

Re: Unity Gain Bandwidth

increase gm

Re: Unity Gain Bandwidth

Generally with higher current you can achieve better GBW until you come to some limit.

Unity Gain Bandwidth

GBW equal gm/C so increasing gm and decreasing the o/p cap.

note gm icrease by increasing current and keeping the Veff minimum but keeping it minimum comes by increasing W/L which increase area and hence cap. so optimize.

Added after 56 seconds:

note i considered active loads to neglect the o/p resistance (i.e. ro of th load euqal ro of the diff. pair)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back