Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about multi-voltage technique's application

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoteagle

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Will multi-voltage techinque be applied within a single combinational block in the circuits? In other words, does one combinational block(between two flip-flop) has only one voltage level supply( within the same voltage island) ?

Hello eagle,

Usually different voltage domains are used for different subchips in the design. A
path running from one subchip to other subchip will be their. So there can be multi-
vdd combinational logic circuits in the timing paths running from one subchip to other subchip.

Regars
Mahanthesh

Multiple Vdds are used in different parts of chip..not between FFs ..
Multi Vth cells can be used in any part of the design to save leakge power.. but Multi Vt process may be slightly costlier..

Hello k_vlsi,

I think multiple vdd is possible between two FF's. This can happen when two FF's are placed in two different subchips and path exists between those FF's. In this explanation i am assuming that subchips uses different vdd.

Thanks & Regards
Mahanthesh

mulitple vdd is possible b/w 2 FFs when they are in different volatage domains..
but I guess the question was whether multiple vdd is used in different combo b/w
the FFs.. for eg.. if u have 2 gates b/w 2 FFs ..can one gate be operated at say 3.3 v and another at say 1.8v.... this can be done, if u can use level shifters b/w the combo logic.. but I guess that is not the way its done.. all combo b/w FFs are operated using same Vdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back