Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit using simple IR for Object detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball003

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to make a simple object and obstacle detection system and interface with microcontroller. How can I do that?
How can I make a object detection circuit using simple IR emitter and detector ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the link.

But I didn't get that sort of built IR system (Sharp GP2Y0D340K) in the local market. So i need to build it by myself.

Is there any circuit or procedure to make object detection system using normal IR ?

You should modulate your IR transmitter with some frequency (typically between 1KHz and 40KHz is used, but there is pretty much no limit for the frequency). On the receiving side you should high-pass filter the signal before you do a detection. This is done in order to avoid the DC-interference from other IR sources such as the Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back