Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM300 breakout PCB design - let's fab some PCBs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds18s20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim300 pcb

Hello,

Some time ago someone mentioned that they have designed a breakout PCB for that pesky GSM module - but the thread went dead and I didnt hear back from that person.

If anyone had done a PCB design for breakout board for SIM300 module, please let me know and possibly share your gerbers - I want to fab few boards for me and if there is interest, we can fab a batch and each board will be like $10 or less.

By batch I mean a quantity of 10 boards or more. I am way too retarded with Eagle to sit down and do the board, drc it, the whole nine yards. It will probably take me a month of frustrations so if you have done this already (which also means you are a badass with cad) please do tell!

**broken link removed**

Thanks
~B

sim300 eagle

what spicifically the design of the PCB you want?what is your application?

sim300 circuit

module guy said:
what spicifically the design of the PCB you want?what is your application?

Hi

Just a basic breakout - meaning all the pins from the mocule are routed to a solder pad or some kind of connector - whatever. Something really basic

Thanks
~b

sim300 connector

Hi

I am want application circuit of SIM300.
thank you!

sim300 atmega source code

I got some 74LS573, LM393 and LM358 among others in my circuit that interfaces a µC to SIM300 module. I'm planning to route the pcb myself and i need some advice on how to go abt it.
Tha SIM300 datasheet did mention sparsely on having a separate digital and analogue ground. Do i need to have two different grounds? Do i need to group all digital ICs together using a single ground and then route it to a single point with another lumped analogue ICs ?
By the way, i'm using only a two layer board.

The evaluation kit had the entire area where the SIM300 module sits solder masked. Is that recommended?

sim300 evaluation kit

Hello ds18s20,

you got any progress in developing of SIM300 board yet???

Let me know if we can do some

atmega32 sim300 pcb

gemni7 said:
Hello ds18s20,

you got any progress in developing of SIM300 board yet???

Let me know if we can do some

Nope, it seems to be a module which hasnt produced much interest. They do have a dev board but its prohibitive to buy it just to play with the module ...

I do have the connector but its too small to wire with pigtails. So I have found another module which allows more "civilized" wiring for proto purposes :)

sim300 protel

I have both SIM300 and SIM300C. only diff is the connector type, 300C has 60pin DIP connector, very easy to use. do u mind telling which module you have found and how much it cost

grt day

sim300 battery

gemni7 said:
do u mind telling which module you have found and how much it cost
grt day

I have SIM300_V7.02 printed on the module. Got it for $50 directly from SIMcom. Phone: 86-139-228-03-475

It even came with the connector which is SMD and real pain to solder. Moreover there isnt any SIM socket nor antenna connector so the dev board would be ideal.

Otherwise the module is not usable to me. That connector is just too small. The DEV board is available for I wouldnt spend $130 for some PCB... :)

~B

sim300 application note

I have same SIM300.
I am going to develop my own board so that I can use it, I've got it cheaper than you. I also have RF connector with cable and antenna for $4.00 only and it works fine. SIM Jacket cost me $ 2.00 not bad. hopefully I will be able to develop my own board in next week. What documents & help files you have gotten from SIM.com?? \]

sim300 module

gemni7 said:
I've got it cheaper than you. What documents & help files you have gotten from SIM.com?? \]

Cheaper is relative dude - remember, you are not in the US so chepar is only a game of words then... :) Think of opportunity cost and purchasing power!

I got all of the documentation from Simcom. Here it is:

www.cognitivekipple.com/store/ssim300.zip

Also someone gave me a Protel footprint DDB file of that module, so in case that helps here it is:

www.cognitivekipple.com/store/sim300.ddb

I don't have Protel so I couldn’t use it but if you are into the fab biz I’m sure it would make more sense to you. Whatever the final product might be, its fabrication cost should be less than the dev board; otherwise we are better off with Sim’s own dev board... LOL

sim300d.lbr.zip

ur welcome. If you find a good source for those boards let me know. I'm still unable to fire up my little module,

Thx

simcom 300d protel

Hi guys,

Does anybody finish the SIM300 breakout board? If no, please contact me. I can provide the simplify breakout PCB assembly. I can also provide other module evaluation boards, please view my homepage at:www.hi-cloud.com. Or mail me to:keith3000@163.com.

Have fun with wireless!

sim300 connector

highcloud said:
Does anybody finish the SIM300 breakout board? If no, please contact me. I can provide the simplify breakout PCB assembly.

Looked at the web site but I only see few demo/development boards - which one works with SIM300 modules?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

eagle library sim300

Hi, here is the photo for SIM300 module. We developed a series of breakout PCB for GSM/GPRS modules. Like MC55, Sim300/300C, GR64 etc.

Link:

evaluation board + sim300 + pcb

does anybody design a pcb for Sim300cz
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back