Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is better: FED compiler or HiTech one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksky041257

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FED compiler

Has anyone tried this compiler for the PIC and how does it compare to the HiTech one?

I think you should choose between HiTech and CCS C compiler for PIC.
Personally I prefer CCS, because it is very easy to use, with a nice GUI, Code Wizard, a lot of driveres and code examples.

Compiler comparison: hxxp://www.ccsinfo.com/compare.html

FED PIXIE

nice tools.ja koplat tool,kompile and sim,mani.JA prefere FED

BEST ONE IS CCS

In my thinking ccs is the best one tool to use c with pic it is professional
level compiler for pic and lot code example can be found on net
mplab lab can integrate with ccs compiler other code generater and code designer support the ccs compiler

regards
Fragrance

Ans

As the recommendation of the other colleagues; the compiler of the CCS is of easy use and really includes many examples and ready functions. If you somewhat reasonable search and in account is recommendable the use of this compiler.
In case of a bigger project, the use of the compiler of the IAR is recommendable.
---------------------------
Gorkin this is my name!
gorkin@bol.com.br
---------------------------

Hi,

The FED compiler is very limited if you want to write interupt code in C. They say ou can only set flags in interupt routine.

If you want a quick development IDE then CCS is the best. Just make sure you have a bug free rev.

Servopump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back