Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mounting alumina to a housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff44

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone have any good new ways for mounting alumina ceramic to a housing that can withstand the thermal expansion. I am familiar with Kovar, Silicon Aluminum, and Titanium housing materials. Anything else out there, expecially something that is dirt cheap or can be cast without machining for a housing material? Also, are there any really ductile mounting methods, like new conductive epoxies, that can stand a lot of surface roughness, take up all of the thermal expansion, and still have good electrical conductivity up to 20 GHz?

I have heard this stuff is very thermally conductive. I have used other silver epoxies on alumina with but not to 20 GHz. There was a silver epoxy that had long term failure (about 3-5 years) in conductivity so be sure to get that data from the manufacturer.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back