Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap water level sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sss123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any body knows any cheap level sensor?
Where to buy?.

or how to construct one?

Some guys at the local water tank made a level sensor using a floating objet , guided by a pole ,when it reached the top , a switch contact was made , and a alarm went on...but It only gives you one level...

Hi, The cheapest and best water sensor?. I have seen people using an LF osc at 100KHz or so and use the pole that is placed in the water as L (coil) now the frequency will change of the LC osc due to the changing conditions. It can only detect very small range. Larger range (or different levels) can be detected by ultrasonic sound.

Paul. PS: I like the first one cost a few $$ or €€ as you like.

Put load cell under the tank and measure weight.
The rest is elementary physics.

if u want detect some water level just use electrode and relay cicuit use 24V.
1 electrode ( elec 0)connect to 0V, another electrode use to detect level and combine with elec 0 make an contat. when waterreach the level it will close contact and through the circuit u can know some level so water in tank,..( sorry for my english)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back