Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Determining input impedance of CMOS in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

STOIKOV

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it possible to determine the input impedance of a cmos circuit in ADS by knowing the s11 or with other procedure ? for example in an amplifier or mixer.

Re: Input impedance

yeah for sure
u can in ads in sparameter simulation check the impedance claculation

u can fined the input impedance

khouly

STOIKOV

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

which steps should I follow ? work with an equation or with the help of some kind of plot ? regards

it is easy in ads, ADD THE ZIN COMPONENT and do the simulation then you get the zin in the simulation result, thanks

STOIKOV

I'm sorry I cannot find that component, which pallet is it located ? I have 2003 version

Hi

You should find it under "Simulation-S_Param".

Regards

STOIKOV

Stop using canned programs as a crutch!

If you already know S11, from a measurement or a simulation, then you already know the input impedance since S11=(ZL-Z0)/(ZL+Z0).

STOIKOV

Input impedance

In smith option menu, change from "normalized" to 50 Ohm ( or other char. imp.) to see input impedance.

STOIKOV

in ADS uder S-parameters there is option to Zin component,,it will help you to determine the Zin, or you can select the Z-parameters from S-parameters simulator.....

STOIKOV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back