Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

View HSPICE simulation result with WaveScan or AWD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wavescan awd

I'm simulating a circuit using Analog Artist with the simulator selected as HspiceS. Is there a way I can view the results using WaveScan or AWD? In the manual it says something about setting the .option sda=2. Is this supported by all versions of HSPICE?

hspice wavescan

I am not sure your question . But I use AVANTI (Synopsys) hspice and
use awaves to see the result

wavescan command

Hm, let me clarify. I'm running the simulation in Cadence (in Linux) through the Analog Environment. Except I'm using the HSPICE simulator instead of Spectre. I was wondering if I can use WaveScan or AWD, which comes with Cadence to view the output of the HSPICE run. The problem is that I can't use AWaves since its not available on Linux. In the Cadence manual under the topic something like "HSPICE Interface Reference" it suggested that you are able to do it by setting the .option flag to SDA=2. Apparently by setting SDA=2 it converts the HSPICE output to WSF format, which I assume (correct me if i'm wrong) can be read by WaveScan. I was wondering if anyone has got this working before?

Thanks again.

awd in cadence

I has not do that work. however, in hspice, there is 'converter' command that can convert the *.tr# to psf format. awd can read psf file.
you can try !

wavescan cadence

In the Linux, you can use Cosmos-Scope to View Hspice Results . But I don't sure your result from Analog Environment. If you have hspice for linux,you can extract the netlist from the cadence and simulate it by hspice. For the Hspice installing in Linux ,you can find information in this site.
Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back