Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb to parallel driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterloo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to generate a virtual parallel port. of course, there is a driver. Through this driver, when the user access the parallel port like before, the data go out through the usb. How to do it? I see many virtual com port program, but no any virtual parallel port one.
any ideas.

generic usb to parallel driver

i have the same question hope we can find answer!!!!!!!

usb to paralell driver

Why don't you just buy one? There are many available for $10US. Just search the internet for "USB to parallel port adaptors". If you need bidirectional, include that in your search.

virtual parallel port

FT245 chip from **broken link removed** is a USB to parallel converter. This link contain application notes, drivers and sample application.

parallel usb driver

newelltech said:
Why don't you just buy one? There are many available for $10US. Just search the internet for "USB to parallel port adaptors". If you need bidirectional, include that in your search.

i need to learning guy. :D

virtual parallel driver

In fact I was working on an IDE USB interface, it is so difficult but what I can say that you must learn about the behavior of USB port 'cause it isn't the same of parallel one and then there will be a need to work with a microcontroler.

I think that as a first step you must learn about both of the ports and then you can think about the transmission tool.

Good luck. Really you'll need it friend ;-)

usb to parallel drivers

it's easy to find out USB-2-Parallel port adaptors but they are only intended to connect an USB port to a centronics connector printer using USB printing support integrated in XP (as USB printer), in other words you have a supporting driver but it's not anything to connect a program dealing directly with parallel port (as opossed to a virtual parallel port). Even at chips manufacturers websites I couldn't found time ago such a driver. Moreover, afaik even USB connected dockstations with generic DB25 connector (just as PC) are not delivered bundled with virtual port driver and have therefore the same functionality as integrated USB-centronics cables.

I think it's a commercial issue: most people only want parallel connectivity to connect a printer and manufacturers don't bother developing a parallel virtual port driver as they do for serial ports. Since at USB side connectivity seems to be standard (all adaptors connect seamlessly with the original XP printing driver) a virtual port driver should works for all pieces (at least at basic functionality) but I don't know if it would be problematic to override the original XP driver for printing (as virtual USB printer)...

Cheers ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back