Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Database and Script languages

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp_freak

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I knw c, c++ and java. however i have no knowledge of database (oracle,sql,mysql etc) adn scripting lanugae (perl etc) .. can some1 pls provide guidance to these area of IT. because on every job opening these are the req. even though job is not related to it most time i guess..

so some1 pls help me with this confusin state and suggest me which one i should learn and how it will help me... ?? :cry:

Start from M$-Access if you want to know about databases,and also you should learn SQL as you learn more inorder that you can define and use your data,then you can go with MySQL or anything else.
And as you knew java,then you can find a good API or anything like this to start programming database applications.
Scripting languages are lanaguages that are not being compiled by a compiler,instead they're being interpreted using an interpreter.And it depends on what platform you are using means you want to write scripts for web-pages then you should use php,asp,java-script,vb-script,... and so on.
tell me if you want to know more.
Good luck.

You can use php and mysql to build your database driven site.
Or you can use asp(.net) with ADO(.net) object to build your database driven site.

For starting with php i suggest to use a manual on php and to use WAMP SERVER or XAMP server.

you can start learning mysql. It is freely avalable from net for both windows as well as linux.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/index.html

This is the official site for mysql. They have a very good documentation.

They have provided APIs that can be called form programs to make interactions with database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back