Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fuses blown class D amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

truggy1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys, does anybody know why a class D amplifier keeps blowing fuses? I read a post about this topic but i think this is a little bit different because thi is class D. The only reason i think it is not workning is because i had a subwoofer with double coil in parallel. The thing is that i guess the speaker was not working properly . The connection was right because the minimum resistance is 2 ohms, so i had this speaker with two coils in parallel giving a total of 2.
Well, any comment. By the way the amplifier is MTX so if anybody has a schematic or something please let me know.

If you have problem only with fuses, maybe they are rated for to low current or they act to fast ..
Try to use "slow blow" fuses or increase their current rating by one step, for example, from 5A to 6.3A ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back