Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to start designing an analog block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrvip

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plz suggest that whenever i start designing my some analog block at what corner should i start designing it.

i had designed a folded cascode opamp at typical corner and it's working fine there but functioning goes haywire at worst and best process corners.

Re: how to start design

u design on typical parameter like typical pvt.
and check the circuit at the different corners.
the dc condition should be checked on the different corners
hope this helps

You have to understand analog circuits design and the design simple OP-AMP

But how to take care of change in Vt with change in process parameters if i already have very little overhead voltage Vgs- Vth..

For me, I think that understanding the circuit is the most important, I have to know what I want to do? and what is result that I will get. And then I will do some hand calculation to make sure about DC for the circuit. These calculation don't need to be accuracy. SPICE will do it !! During do hand calculation we will know what is the worst case that don;t need to blindly run so many simulation.

Regards

harrytrinh'post is a better method!

how to start design

At first, you must know the process and model parameter.

Dear friend,
Design philosophy varies from one field to the other.Before you start your design you need to understand the qualitative(conceptual) and quantitative(i.e. analytical) background of the required field domains.
Suppose, If you want to design a circuit, you need to know the following:
Type of circuit and the desired operation
components and thier functionalities,limitations,cost(the designed circuit should be computationally flexible and economically feasible),reliability etc.,
All the very best.with regards..
sainath.

Status
Not open for further replies.