Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with convergence on Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when simulate analog circuits using Spectre, I often meet the convergence about spectre. for example, pss simulation, when the simulation time is 1us, the circuit is convergent; when the simulation time is 1.1us, the circuit is not convergent. what is the problem? Thanks!

Re: problem on spectre

Use the menu " Simulation -> Convengence Aids" to set initial conditions, maybe the problem can be solved. Otherwise, there might be some problem of the design.

Hope it help.

regrads.

From simulation options in the PSS window, make sure you are using "gear2only", make sure also that the circuit is stable, unstable circuits makes huge problems with PSS

From simulation options in the PSS window put a value for "maxstep" parameter it helps "i m working on 2.5GHZ range and i put maxstep----> 6p"

problem on spectre

Thanks a lot. Your advices are very useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back