Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power number for calculating the power width

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Power number

hi,

i got to know that for calculating the power width one should know the power number from where would one get the power number while working on soc encounter, till now i was considering that only netlist and sdc file has to get from front end team, is there any other file also reqd which would tell power reqt of the chip ...................or give some info on cell count............pls let me know if u know anything about this topiic ........

thanks,
Prasad

Re: Power number

To measure the power of design, there are two methos:
1. Estimation / Statistical methos ( Pwer compiler from $ynop$ys or the menu from SOC-Encounter with this method name).
In this method you provide the probabilty and rate of input pins toggle ( i.e. switch activity) and the tools computes internal nodes activity rates and then sums up the total power of design by cosulting the power of every cell from library.
This gives just and stamation.

2. Simulaton Based method ( Prime power from $ynop$ys or the menu from SOC-Encounter with this method name).
In this method you provide with a file (VCD or ...) file from simulation of desgn which has the full activity internal nodes, and remaining is like first method .
This is accurate if you have selected a good test-bench (i.e. input vector ) and prpoer simulation duration.

Re: Power number

Shinde,
You need to set
these constraints also
(1) max Leakage power
(2) Max dynamic power
(3) Total Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor