Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Borland Delphi, C++ Builder or Visual C++ The Best One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SISWANTO

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I need you sugestions
I want to build application use serial communication COM port and mdb-Database with OS WindowsXP, which one the best compiler for above application?
Borland C++ builder, Delphi, MS-Visual C++ or what? FYI Actualy my background is as embedded/microcontroller programmer. and as long as i use C language.

Siswanto

SISWANTO said:
Dear All,
I need you sugestions
I want to build application use serial communication COM port and mdb-Database with OS WindowsXP, which one the best compiler for above application?
Borland C++ builder, Delphi, MS-Visual C++ or what? FYI Actualy my background is as embedded/microcontroller programmer. and as long as i use C language.
Siswanto

The most easily for beginner is Borland C++ Builder or Delphi. Depend on your basic language. Maybe Borland C++ Builder is more easily but the C is very complex not like embedded one.

For MS-Visual C++ this is mostly support in the world so your all problem can be solve easily. But Visual C++ is very complex

I think VC++ is also one good option. as it contains lot library related to comm.

hi
for comm port all are same (if using mscommctrl activex) but for DB vc++ is a few complex( cuz of ADO COM object programming)

between BC++ and delphi , delphi is better in speed and other things are same.

Delphi is better in compilation speed than C++ builder not in the execution of
binary image.

At any rate, C++ builder is better option for simple GUI appplication,
if you want to do other project afterwards.

Normally C/C++ resources are more abundant on internet.

good luck

Hi Responders,
You all great.
I will try BC++ Builder.
By the way, in my country (Indonesia) Delphi is more famous than BC++ Builder, I don't know why.
Good luck for you all.

Siswanto

SISWANTO said:
Hi Responders,
You all great.
I will try BC++ Builder.
By the way, in my country (Indonesia) Delphi is more famous than BC++ Builder, I don't know why.
Good luck for you all.

Siswanto

I'm indonesia people. Much of people before in indonesia very like Turbo Pascal so Delphi is much similiar with pascal and about C everybody afraid it in indonesia.

For more support i think you must choose Delphi. in whole of the world Borland Delphi is more popular than Borland C++ builder. Only a little using Borland C++ Builder (Component reason).

Dear,

I'm using Pascal many years ago,and i preffer Delphi now. For serial port

communication there are many free components on the net for both

Borland Delphi & Borland C++Builder.

For Database Delphi & C++ Builder are more easier.

Good Luck.

If you are delphi programmer I think you should do because for programming comport in delphi I see TurboPower Component is good for you.It's absolutely free of charge.You can get it from http://sourgeforge.net(find "TurboPower").Good Luck

any other idea?

DELPHI ?
Visual C++ ?
Borland C++ ?

which one is the most suitable for PORT INTERFACING, GUI, Signal Processing and MICROCONTROL based projects?

briefly, which one is the most suitable for an electronic man?

thanks in advence.

Anyday for small utilitiy programming i suggest Delphi.

now borland have released free version of their tool (TurboExplorer).

and with the availablity of quality components, you just need to focus on functionlity.

Look no further than delphi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back