Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help to convert HSPICE parameters to Spectre parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

uladz55

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spectre parameters

need help to convert HSPICE parameters to Spectre Spice parameters

spectre parameter

I want to clarify my request.

I have HSPICE model parameters, provided by foundry. The file with extention "l" for example: model.l
But I need the SPICE parameters for Spectre, with extention "scs", for example: model.scs
So, I need to convert HSPICE parameters to Spectre parameters to use Spectre simulator in Cadence.
They have different models and have some difference in syntax.

Thanks

spectre

hello

The model files are the same like the model file used for HSpice can be used with Tspice. The same should hold good for CAdence too.

you can get the model files in websites or manuals from CADENCE

convert from spice to spectre cadence

There is a thing called SPICE Preparser in Cadence. There are two steps of working with the SPICE model files in Spectre environment.

1. In the options of "simulator lang", the lines where you include the SPICE deck, you can write the statement as simulator lang=spice and when the spectre netlisting starts, you can write as simulator lang=spectre and then can run the files.

2. Another option is to totally convert the SPICE libraries to spectre. For that, go to the console and give the command as

spp -convert -hspcompatible <input.lib> <output.scs>.

I think that it works

Added after 57 seconds:

But the second option is a bit tiresome and the conversion is sometimes not right. So, you have to invest some time in that

hspice convert spectre

I have tried spp -convert hspcompatible <ths4131_netlist.sp> <ths4131_netlist.scs> but I had this error:

Missing name for redirect, what's the problem? Help pleaseeee !

Added after 1 minutes:

I correct ; I have typed exactly:
spp -convert -hspcompatible <ths4131_netlist.sp> <ths4131_netlist.scs>

spectre parameters

I am puzzled,have you solved your problem,goldeboy?
does that sentence work?

oh,I see.I tried,and met the same error:
missing name for redirect.

hspice2spectre

No, in fact, I have given up to type this command. But Cadence Support has said to me that the problem of spp command comes from the fact that the netlist was used in Windows or edited in Windows , look this topic :

hspice convert to spectre

you can go to this web page to see how to solve ssp command problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.