Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with determining input impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

demodb

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
input impedance

hello,

how would you determine Rin of this part of the circuit. I thought we could approximate this by β/gm. This gm is approx. by 40*Ic, but these numbers do not match my simulations. What am i doing wrong.

Re: input impedance

figured it out myself. so thx for anyone who read it and was looking for the answer.

actually i simulated it with a loading resistor and this put Q37 in saturation. Which off course will make your simulation different.

Still don't understand, Did it make Q36 also in saturation? Otherwise if Q36 was in active then the input resistance should still be β/gm and if you calculated gm from the simulated current through Q36 it should still have added up.

you are correct, but isn't the current through Q36 determined by the current through Q37 which acts as a current source. If this Q37 is saturated it isn't able to provide the current i want it too, and so calculation and simulation don't add up.

Oh ok, I thought you measured Ic through simulation and then calculated β/gm in which case it should have given you the correct result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back