Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Estimating power consumed by a SRAM for each input vector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesh419

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have the layout of the RAM and I will be simulating the circuit by passing input vector stream to the RAM. I would like to know how can I estimate the power consumed by the RAM for each particular data in that vector stream (when I write into the RAM or read from RAM). Based on this I need to create a data dependent memory model (as a function of the zero/one-ratio of the input data).

Thanks and Regards,
Kamesh.

Re: Estimating power consumed by a SRAM for each input vecto

The read structure gives for symmetric (6T) sram cell nondata dependend energy consumptation. For write cycles there is typical a small difference for writing equal data (less energy). If you write multibit words the difference gets smaller. In practice input timing for asynchronious signals have sligthly higher effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back