Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quasilumped highpass filter(microstrip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratheepan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i read the book microstrip filter for RF Microwave applications and i have the problem of calculating the dimensions for the microstrip part for the quasilumped high pass filter part in chapter 6. There are some reference on chapter 4 and 5 on the calculations but it is not specific and there are no examples on that. So i was wondering anyone could show me the calculations methods like the number of fingers, dimensions etc. or can recommend me some books on that. Thanks.

Firstly, you check what is your Fc and your max pass band... then u determine electrical length based on the formula...

[(pi/electrical_length) - 1]*Fc = max passband.

the length of the stub and the between the stub

y1 => 1xelectrical length
y1,2 =>2xelectrical length
y2=>1xelectrical length
y2,3=>2xelectrical length
yn=>1xelectrical length
yn,n+1=>2xelectrical length

There is some table that u can refer to (element values of optimum distributed highpass filter with xx dB ripple on chapter 6)

Depending how sharp you want the slope of the filter to be, you decide on the order and hence the number of stub for your filter. After that, base on the table, you can actually determine y value, and u may need to interpolate it. From y value, you can get the z value. Since you got the z value, electrical length, the ER, the height of the substrate, you can determine the dimension.

After u got the dimension, use a EM software or ADS to run a simulation and see the outcome of the filter.. and slowly tune the dimension, to see how it work affect the filter response... and adjust according until u got the response that you want.
I am not sure whether do u understand what i mean, Or perhap others please feel free to share your view and correct me if i am wrong as i am also learning. Thanks.

Tanks you J0hn . I try and let you know if I have any problem

Seems like you answering for optimum distributed high pass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.