Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send GPRS data through mobiles using GPRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahidkhan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gprs_attach_pdp_sequence_diagram

Hi all,
I want to transfer GPS data through two mobiles using GPRS i.e one GPRS enabled mobile is attatched to GPS and this mobile is sending real time data to another
mobile .Is it possible ? if Yes , HOW ?
any help would be appriciated.
thnx...

gprs in practice in rapidshare

wher do you want to transfer the data over GPRS .. to a computer or the second phone ...
are the two phones close in distance ... if yes, use bluetooth ... why bother using gprs when u can get high speed connectivity ...

or they are at quite a distance ... in tht case u need to make a data call as sch ... GPRS is essentially a service used to deliver data over cellular systems ... say another medium to browse or connect to the internet .. so basically you need ip enabled end points .. not sure if u can directly connect your phones over GPRS ....

in my opinion, all u can do is broadcast your data over gprs to a server ... and retrieve it using the second phone ... thats the only way i can figure out ...

ofcourse, i can be wrong ... but this is wat i think ...

try reading thru these links ... will give u a sense of what actually GPRS is and how it works !!

Code:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
[url]https://www.radio-electronics.com/info/cellulartelecomms/gprs/gprs_tutorial.php[/url]
[url]https://www.telecomspace.com/datatech-gprs.html[/url]

Reactions: rafati

rafati

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
GPRS data

hi,
pratyk is right, send data t server and retrieve it from other phone or pc. anyway direct connection between 2 phones is routed via ip ifrastructure. just one remark .. use udp protocol and make aplication that checks acks and retrys.. works much faster than tcp in wireless environment

regards

cancel

GPRS data

well a nice approach .. but writing an application is a bit time consuming .. besides the poster hasn't mentioned any constraints as such nor the actual purpose of data transfer ... is it that GPRS is a requirement or not ... coz there can be work arounds .. direct connections can wait until mobileIP is fully implemented:)

GPRS data

i tested this with ericsson modules which can 'pack' data incoming from their serial port to IP(tcp or udp) and send it ot the host .. u need just set up module and write 'server' on the other side which will listen at tcp port .. of coures write full ppp stack will take a long time but lot of modules can do this for you

regards

cancel

GPRS data

tru ... had written some python scripts to broadcast gps data over a wireless link to a server port ... pretty much similar to that i guess ... tcp wud be the right approach ... if same principle was used...

GPRS data

McGuiggan, P., GPRS in Practice : A Companion to the Specifications, John Wiley & Sons, 2004

h**p://rapidshare.de/files/14420536/Wiley_-_GPRS.in.Practice.A.Companion.to.the.Specifications.Nov.2004.ISBN0470095075.pdf.Background.html

Status
Not open for further replies.