Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get sine from cosine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragabs

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all

in a reciver of fm signal i have
rx=cos(wc+kf*∫m(t) dt).
i need to get
sin(wc+kf*∫m(t) dt)

can u suggest algorithm

thanx for help

well, i am not sure whether it is correct but will like to suggest to you;

go back to basic trigonometric.

just subtract with 90degrees or equivalent in radian. cos can convert to sin

I think you should look at some communication textbook. There should be the algorithm about FM signal. As I remember, it should be a building block diagram called "delay". However, in trigonometry, you just add or subtract angle of 90 or pi/2 radian.

well the basic theme of algorithm is certaily to add or subtract 90' from the present value of the angle...sidra_maheen84@yahoo.com

ok
now the question is how to make a delay equalls pi/2 in digital domain?

Hi

I dont know why you need such a signal, analgously you just need a delay line and digitally just remember that the derivative of sin(x) = cos(x). then you just need to integrate your signal

cheers

Sal

you are using software or hardware?
if hardware use an integrator with no gain using opamps or even rc

if software you can do the same .

wich software you are using?
matlab ....

I think it will be better it you explained mre details about the problem you need to do this for, it will be great if you explained the whole problem
Roshdy

Status
Not open for further replies.