Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 Quadrant Control of DC Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahim03

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a DC Motor Drive that can control the motor in all 4 Quadrants. I want to use a H-Bridge configuration with Z44N power mosfets and PWM with 89S51 microcontroller. Can Anyone suggest any good circuit/article for this purpose.

Can I use N type Mosfets to make a H-Bridge? I made one using Z44N power Mosfets which are N type Mosfets but I am having Problems.

The problem is with the side of the bridge on which the high mosfet has to be turned on and the lower Mosfet has to be turned off. When I ground the gate of the lower Mosfet to turn it off and apply Vcc (9V) to the gate of Higher Mosfet to turn it on,the Vgs voltage of the Higher Mosfet is not greater than Vt because the lower Mosfet is Off !!! so it doesnt turn on properly.

I have seen circuit diagrams in which 2 P type Mosfets were used for the high side and 2 N type were used fo the low side. But cant I use all four Mosfets of N-Type? If there is any way to do so please tell how.

Also I found this schematic on the site h**p://www.4qdtec.com/bridge.html. In it all the Mosfets used are N-Type is the schematic wrong ??

Ok I found the answer to my own problem :cry: and am posting it here. The troublewith the high side mosfets were that they were N channel and they required a gate voltage about 10V higher than vcc to turn on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.