Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a trimming circuit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gafsos

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
a trimming circuit

What is a trimming circuit ??
PLZ help

Re: a trimming circuit

trimming means fine tuning of a certain parameter, for example trimming a resistance means changing the value of the resistance with certain step to acheive the specs.

Thanks For ur replying,
I need morer details ...:
cry:

a trimming circuit

As far as I knew trimmer is a kind of variable capacitor.

trimmer is a kind of variable capacitor
board level designer call small variable capacitor "trimmer" which is often deployed in delicate circuits requiring on production line adjustment.

Delicate analog integrated circuit need on tester adjustments sometimes, like accurate bandgap voltage reference needs some adjustments to provide spec voltage and/or temperature variation.

Fine tuning can be done by fine adjusting certain current or resistors. resistor value can be incremented by adding short resistor segement paralleled with top metal which can be later broken on tester by laser or high electrical current (so called "FUSE").

Typical current tuning is done by additional small tail current which is controlled by trimming voltage provided by tester or other on-chip memory.

I have used the laser cut technology. The laser will cut some wires and make some nodes logic high(default is logic low), then you can use the logic high to make some nmos switch on. These switches are used to control res value or current and so on.
Regards

You can use fuse as trimming element in integrated circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back