Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a 12 bit SAR ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladimir1984

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there!
I have a task to design SAR ADC with 12 bit resolution. Now I use charge redistribution SAR ADC.
Is it possible to achieve 12 bit resolition with INL less 1 LSB and DNL less 0.5LSB with this archotecture? Or I need trimming, calibration, digital error corection and so on... I use 0.18um BiCMOS technology. Now, I have bad Monte Carlo process & mismatches results, DNL up to 4LSB.
And one problem more, without using an split capacitive array with attenuator capactor I'll have a huge die area, but using spliting I have worse results than without.
Can anybody help or give some tipps or advise!!!
Thanks
Best regards

Re: 12 bit SAR ADC

1. Yes it is possible to achieve an INL of less than 1LSB and DNL of less than 0.5LSB, 4 LSB is way too big, you need to cut it down, but you will need some sort of digital correction, that I know for sure,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back